Wat Benchamabophit Dusitvanaram (วัดเบญจมบพิตรดุสิตวนาราม) is a first class royal temple built on the site of an older temple between 1890 and 1915 at the behest of King Rama V. It is a major tourist attraction in Bangkok known internationally as The Marble Temple because of the extensive use of Italian marble in its construction.
King Rama V appointed his half brother Prince Naris to design the new temple but it was an Italian architect Carlo Allegri who proposed the use of white Carrara marble to clad the building and who also arranged for King Chulalongkorn himself to select the stained glass for the windows whilst he was visiting Milan in 1907.
The ubosot is surrounded by a cloister housing 52 Buddha images. Within the ubosot itself the main image Phra Putthachinaraja is a copy of the highly revered Phra Putthachinarat that resides in Phitsanulok. The remains of King Rama V are entombed below the Phra Putthachinaraja image.
69 Rama V Road, Dusit District, Bangkok