Wat Hua Lampong (วัดหัวลำโพง) dates from the early Bangkok (Ratanakosin) era being originally known as Wat Wua Lampong. Its current name was bestowed by King Rama V in about 1904 whilst visiting for a thot kathin ceremony. In 2002 Wat Hua Lampong was elevated by King Rama IX to be a third class royal temple.
The ubosot, wiharn and chedi are unusual in that they are built upon a raised platform one storey high.
728 Rama IV Rd, Si Phraya, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand